Monday, October 21, 2013

Warble Garble


Lately I have been seeing these little yellow birds flying in the pine trees. At first glance you would assume that they were Goldfinches, but when I actually brought out my binoculars to view them I found out that they were warblers! It's my first time seeing them in my yard and their delicate and rich chip chirps surrounds the pine trees. I think that there are a couple of different warblers that I have been seeing and listening to. The warblers occupying my pine trees could be Pine Warblers, Black-throated Green Warblers, or Prairie Warblers.
I'm pretty sure that this one is a  male Pine Warbler. I could hear them tweeting with loud clear notes that sounded very similar to a chipping sparrow's seeps and rapid series of chips.
Top and bottom: Here is what I think could be a female Black-throated Green Warbler.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...