Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Crow Next Door

It's been awhile since I last posted something, and a lot has happened since. Spring is here (finally!), and so comes the warmer weather. Lime seems to be behaving better ( she has stopped biting me), the whole flock is laying, and the wild birds are more lively. Yesterday, after I locked the chickens up, I noticed a grayish-black cat sneaking suspiciously right behind the chicken enclosure. When I ran over there, the cat glanced at me, then warily ran away like a jet as fast as his little paws could carry him.

Anyways, the abundance of crows around my street have risen. A few weeks ago, I spotted a crow cawing and holding a piece of nesting material at the border of my property. It flew away before I could get my camera. Then today, I saw the crow again, in the same exact spot, although this time I noticed that there was a nest next to it. Luckily I had my camera and snapped a few pictures. It seems that, we might have a little family of crows nearby.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...