Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pip!

Quite a few things have happened. . .

I went back to Common Ground and got 6 new eggs. I put 3 under Lemon and 3 in my incubator, the one blue egg in my incubator was not fertile and two brown eggs underneath Lemon were discarded as well, leaving 2 eggs with Lemon (including an older EE egg which I call "EE 1" and the new Easter Egger egg, "Blue Egg 2") and two brown eggs in my bator.

The last 2 blue eggs together (Lemon's taking a break outside).

EE 1 is older than the rest of the Common Ground eggs by a week and today is day 21 for "it". And the egg has started pipping though the shell and is chirping!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Yesterday when I candled/checked on the egg and put it to my ear, I could hear tapping. Surprised, I tapped back, and the chick inside replied by tapping. After candling I also found out that it had already pipped internally! The chick had started getting to work and in a few hours later the chick started chirping inside the egg. 

This morning around 7:30 a.m., I saw the external pip for the first time.


Day 20- chick has already internally pipped and is chirping and pecking its way out of the egg 

Day 21 (around 7:30 a.m.)- The chick has pipped externally!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...