Friday, July 26, 2013

One Chilly Morning Day


For the past few days it's been surprisingly chilly and many of the birds in my backyard are storing up on calories. I've been seeing many tufted titmice, black-capped chickadees, woodpeckers, and chipping sparrows visit my bird feeder in this coldspell. I even saw a house sparrow that I released a few years ago which had gotten into my house.

A chipping sparrow eating from the feeder.


A male downy woodpecker waiting for his turn to the feeder.
Titmice are so adorably fluffy in the cold.
Tufted titmouse breaking open a sunflower seed.

Standing on the garden door.
A tufted titmouse found something to eat in the garden.
Sharing feeders.
A few minutes later I noticed a chubby squirrel waddling towards the bird seed. Even a squirrel wants to join the feast.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...