Thursday, December 26, 2013

Idle Holi-days




For the holidays, a new Canon EOS was given to me as a present. Immediately, I started snapping pictures and playing with the menu. I also took the camera outside to visit the *chickers* <= not a misspelling error and get some crisp pictures of them.
*Chickers is just a little "nickname" I like to use instead of plain old and regular chickens, I also like to call them chickies.
 "Chick-chic-chickies!" I routinely call out to the flock when I head towards their enclosure. Without my calling, they notice the door swinging backward and begin pacing at the enclosure fence; waiting for me. And constantly as I am bombarded with a crowd of 4 chickens (Mellow is usually less exited about meeting humans), 1 or 2 little sneaky pullets will attempt to wiggle their way past me. Of course, I block them. And if by chance I have some table scraps to offer, their attention will be averted onto the food and I can peacefully and quickly slide through the crowd of chickens, without them noticing the escape route they could have taken advantage of. Anyways, here are some pictures I took of them during the holiday season.


"Run Lemon run!" Lemon managed to slip out while I was opening the gate door.

The chickers were also given some yogurt as a treat today. They happily crowded me and jumped at the cup, bawking while gulping down the delicious lumps of fruit and the strawberry flavored yogurt on the spoon.

Looking up expectantly.
Top and bottom: The flock enjoying a small spoon of strawberry yogurt.

At last when no more of the gooey yogurt was available. . .

. . . the chickens looked at me. Not long after did they resume their usual constant whining and pulling of the pants.
Charcoal and Spice closely examine the black fabric, deciding which fold to tug first.

To be continued. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...