Sunday, April 6, 2014

Robins and berries

Robins are like the signal of Spring. Whenever the warm weather arrives, robins start flocking to my yard, picking for berries, worms, and other insects. It's quite an amusing sight, watching them run around with their "waddley" gait, then all of a sudden pause, turn head, and pounce down to jerk an spotted earthworm from the dirt.


More robins!

On a certain weekday, I noticed a bunch of robins hanging around my backyard; in the trees and on the ground. It was only when I got my camera out that I found the ones in the tree branches were mostly tugging away at berries or taking an afternoon nap.

Top and bottom: Robins enjoying a snack of berries.
Taking a cozy rest.
Munching on a little red berry.
I just love how clear this picture is. (Managed to sneak toward the robin without him noticing me.)


2 comments:

  1. Why is the robin's wing half-way open? The crows here do that too, they walk around with their wings dragging the ground. Weird.

    I almost stepped on a robin last last week. I was walking to school and carrying too much stuff to see in front of me, and I swerved away at the last second. It scared the stuffing out of me. It was standing in my way and it didn't see me either. It startled and hopped to the side like we were two humans who just bumped into each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The robin is enjoying a sunbath. Spreading it's wings helps absorb all the the warmth and nutrients from the sun. The chickens do that a lot, especially in the afternoon. The crows you saw we're probably too hot, spreading and drooping their wings is also a way to cool down for birds.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...